I drive from Appalchia to Big Stone to shop at Food City. Shame to see Food Lion close, a product of the economy.
Rumor is that Gate City's is closing, too. I am like everyone else, I absolutely hate going to Food City. Only 2 reasons I go there. One is for my prescriptions, and the other for cokes. I hate Wallyworld, too. Looks to be Pay-Less and Sav-a-Lot for me, too. Although Pay-Less has gotten pretty darned expensive lately and there is a "smell" in there like rotten meat.
I drive from Appalchia to Big Stone to shop at Food City. Shame to see Food Lion close, a product of the economy.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
I would be surprised to see the one in Gate City close. It seems like it would still be competitive with the Food City in Weber City. Funny thing about Food Lion, they look to close some of these stores but have operated two locations in Pulaski that are 3 miles apart ever since I have lived up here.
I don't get why FC isn't popular from what I see? I can understand Walmart with the crowd or something, but I only go to a FC...whether it be Coeburns, Wise, St. Paul or even Lebanons, always FC.
Something will be put in there, the jobs won't be gone for long, a Roses went up where the old Food Lion was in St. Paul.
because for the most part the people that work at FC in BSG are snobby ass rude as hell teenagers
Cant we all just get along?
I read that the wrong way then, I thought it was just all FC's or something, like the store itself. The one I got to the most, is St. Paul, they're pretty good...I know some of them though, some from MECC or played ball at the park with them, not many teenagers but younger. Hell I've seen a lot of the customers act rude as can be, esp. when the workers from the plant hit there around 5 or so. But I've probably been in BSG's maybe once, if they're like the same ones that work at the Hardees I eat at there, I don't blame anyone for not going.
That is true for the most part Rocky, but my biggest complaint is that they have gone ridiculously high in their everyday prices, while Food Lion, who also has gone up, have not gone up nearly as high.
Just like the "old" brands that Food City has brought back. They not only were brought back by a certain "nastalgia" feeling, but also as a more affordable, discounted brand of comparable quality. But look at the prices of these items. For instance, 12 oz package of Lay's bacon sells for 2.89 while the Food City brand is 30 cents cheaper. Terry's potato chips are usually around 2.79 a bag while Wise brand is 1.99. A 96 ounce jug of Farmbest milk is 2.89 while a whole gallon(128) ounces is only 3.19.
Another thing is, always look out for stores that are "bringing" back old brands or buying other companies, like Food City. It tends to show a weakness in their financial situation.
Food Lion's meat counter is more presentable and prices are actually about 5% cheaper than Food City. Food Lion's deli meat prices have gotten Food City's beat by a country mile.
Food Lion's employees are always willing to help you, while Food City's just stand and look at you like you are an idiot. I actually saw a man fall in Food City's store while a cashier just sat and watched never once offering any assistance.
Nope, my friends, Food City will only get my coke business(when they are on sale) as I have already transfered my prescriptions to Wal-mart.
I used to have my prescriptions at walmart, but last year I transferred them to Lonesome Pine Economy Drug (in the old Witt building in Norton). The pharmacist is super nice, fast, and the prices of things not covered by my insurance are a LOT lower than at walmart.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Can't believe some of you all are even thinking about shopping at Payless. All 3 of those stores are dumps. I'd rather stand in line for 3 hours at Wal-Mart than shop at a skanky Payless. I'm surprised they are still open.
Here is an example of why I don't like to shop at Wal-Mart. FC is just a Wal-Mart wanttobe, same attitude.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mQH9DloKD8]YouTube - Confessions of a Wal-Mart Hit Man[/ame]
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks